Monday, January 21, 2013

Forgive and forget

Can you really forgive if you don't forget?

Well, I can.

Last week, this dude I knew told me "I forgot how much fun we had together... "

Yeah, yeah, NOW you remember!
I thought you knew it. I did.

Someone once told me I have the memory of an elephant, and "elephants never forget", which is good for nice things like fun memories, but it's not so good for, well, bad memories... the last ones are great sources of migraines and Calcium.
Calcium, because you get so tense you start biting your own teeth while you sleep and THEN you need veneers. Yeah, I have those. Ugh!

Anyway, after a couple of years of not seeing each other, we ended up having lunch and coffee and it's nice. Out of the blue he remembers how fun we used to be together so... maybe we can... you know... reconsider our "acquaintance"?

Nooooo man, thanks! you and me? friends, that's it.
Don't tell me you still hate me...
Nahhh, I never hated you, I forgave you a long time ago. I just can't forget what you did to me.

Apparently, my brain forgives, but my heart doesn't forget.
And well, if that makes me a bitch, so be it. I'm tired of trying to make people happy and comfortable, if you don't like it, it's your lose. Not mine, My minds made up and it's really hard to change her will.

On the other hand, if saying NO to a guy who's "low hanging fruit" is one of the things every woman under 35 has to do, there it goes - CHECK!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep talking... I'm listening.