Thursday, April 25, 2013

Eleka nahmen nahmen

... ATUM ATUM ELEKA NAHMEN
ELEKA NAHMEN NAHMEN ATUM ATUM ELEKA NAHMEN!!
(click play)

Apparently, I'm wicked.

A couple of years ago, while I was "married and happy" there was this one time when we were out on a date driving back home.
I remember holding the guy's hand and telling him: "Slow down, I have a weird feeling. I'm scared".
I have never been a nervous side-seat driver but that time there was something in my gut that didn't want to go home right away. This was a road we took at least once a weekend to visit his family and I didn't feel safe.
I must have had a terrified look on my face because he stopped.
Just for a couple of minutes. That was all. I was fine after that.

We got on the road again and... up ahead where we were, there was an accident, three cars completely smashed. I had happened just minutes before, the police, firemen or emergency services were not there yet. It could have been us there!
"You little witch!", he said. "How did you know THAT was going to happen?"
"I don't know! it's not like I planned it!"

This little scene happened more than once, I'd say about 3-4 times in 6 years.
He knew I wouldn't said "Slow down..." if it wasn't important. So he did.
Every time. Every time there was something weird on the road ahead: car crash, closed road...

Some other day, he was out of town and I couldn't sleep.
It was 2AM and I couldn't sleep.
A friend txt'd me at that hour, she was sick and feeling insomniac, I called her and we started talking on the
phone for about an hour. Laughing and being loud on the phone made both of us sleepy.
The next day, the police knocked on my door saying that there had been burglars on the apartment next to mine. They forced all doors on my building except mine. Everyone else was sleeping, I was the only one making noise.

One weird afternoon, he was driving back home from Chicago and I called him. I felt something weird.
I told him: put on your hands-free thingie, put me on speaker, I want to talk to you please?
He stopped on the shoulderto do it and we started talking about our day, like usual.
A couple of minutes later I heard him scream: "Son of a b----!!!!!!!"
A mile ahead a huge long truck flipped over and he saw it happen. A big cloud of dust appeared ahead of him, I took a small mini van with a family of 4 with it. A mile ahead.
Last thing I heard was: "Just so you know, I'm fine, this looks bad. Don't worry. I'm fine but I have to go. I'll be home soon. Don't worry.".
Later, when he got home scared and dirty he told me all about it, how he was the first person there, he called the emergency services and helped rescue 2 little children from the van. We saw it on the news that night.
"You called me and made me stop. It could have been me instead of the minivan. My little witch!!"

...

I don't see my ex anymore.

...

I usually don't dream, or have nightmares, but a couple of weeks ago I had a weird one: he was crying. Inconsolable and I didn't know why.
I haven't told this to anyone. I thought it had something to do with my weird brain and my stupid memories. I thought it was my subconsciousness playing games on me.

Last week someone told me his godfather had died of cancer. His favorite uncle.
He was devastated and couldn't go to the funeral.

...

Some time ago I had another nightmare:
A horrible gore vision of blood and death scenes.
This time it was someone else.
I don't know how to tell the story to this person without coming out as a crazy-towner.

I'm not crazy. Just a little wicked. That's all.

1 comment:

Keep talking... I'm listening.