Saturday, September 21, 2013

A name that will never be the same

If you ever try to hit on a girl named Maria... THIS is how you do it.

I went to see "West Side Story" with a friend who's doing his PhD research on musical theater. How cool is that?
This guy is doing research on "West--- Side--- Story"... ha! and I thought my bikes were exciting.
Anyway, as we went to the theater he was explaining little details and fun facts about the play.

My favortite song? MARIA... because yes, I'm narcissistic. I wouldn't have a blog if I wasn't... duh!
You know the song? Maria? the one that goes: 
Maria... I've just met a girl named Maria... and suddenly that name, will never be the same to meeeeee...

Afterwards we went for a drink to KY to the Riverbend and there was a magician playing tricks to people passing by.
A little crowd was standing around him, we stopped for a while to watch his show and out of the blue he asks me to pick a card and asked what my name was.
- Maria
- Maria... I've just met a girl named Maria... and suddenly that name, will never be the same to meeeeee...
My friend joined in song, some other guys around as well. It was SUPER cool.
- [blushhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!]

----- a couple of weeks passed by ----

I went to Opera at the Park with my friend Mafe (yes, we both have the same nickname... double the Mafes, double the fun!!) and the orchestra and the chorus made it cool by mixing opera and musicals. 
My friend and I had front row seats and the soloist got off the stage to sing with the audience, stops in front of us and...
- Maria... I've just met a girl named Maria... and suddenly that name, will never be the same to meeeeee...
Yes, because my life is THAT COOL.

----- two months ago -----

When Mr. Big was visiting he said he wanted to see me in a dress, a girly-dress so I wore one to work on the day he was leaving before driving him to the airport.
Apparently, my dress was vintage Broadway style and I didn't know it.
Yeah, that's how fashionable I am now and I don't know it.

So, this old dude from the office who was on Sabbatical comes and introduces himself while complementing my dress.
- Hi, My name is Zach. What's your name.
- Maria.
- Maria... I've just met a girl named Maria... and suddenly that name, will never be the same to meeeeee...
- Awwwwwwwwwwww!!
Funny thing, the UPS guy walked-in and joined him:
- I've just kissed a girl named Maria... and suddenly I found, how wonderful a sound can beeeeeee...

-----

Today, I turned on the NPR while I was getting ready for work and well... what can I say...

Push play... and enjoy!

The most beautiful sound I ever heard:
Maria, Maria, Maria, Maria...
All the beautiful sounds of the world in a single word...
Maria, Maria, Maria, Maria...
Maria!

I've just met a girl named Maria,
and suddenly that name, will never be the same... to me.
Maria!

I've just kissed a girl named Maria,
and suddenly I found, how wonderful a sound... can be.
Maria!

Say it loud and there's music playing,
say it soft and it's almost like praying.
Maria...

I'll never stop loving Maria!
The most beautiful sound I ever heard.
Maria...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep talking... I'm listening.