Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 reading challenge

My friend Adriana posted the reading challenge and I jumped on that bus without thinking. Then I thought... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!

2012 was the year I read and listened to almost 30 books... this year's resolution is, well,, do at least a third of it.

The challenge contains 52 books, theoretically, you're supposed to read a book per week.
I know myself and I KNOW I won't be able to do it. So, in order to avoid future disappointments, I chose books that fit more than one category. To make up for that I plan to read books in Spanish, English, a book written in French and a book in Portuguese.
I can't assure I'll be able to finish, but I solemnly promise I'll try.


Anyone ready to take the challenge, be my guest.

Here’s the list:

• A book with more than 500 pages - WICKED
• A classic romance - THE PRINCESS BRIDE
• A book that became a movie - LISISTRATA
• A book published this year - EL INCREIBLE VIAJE DEL FAQUIR QUE SE QUEDO ATRAPADO EN UN ARMARIO DE IKEA
• A book with a number in the title - FAHRENHEIT 451
• A book written by someone under 30 - RED RISING
• A book with nonhuman characters - WICKED
• A funny book - EL INCREIBLE VIAJE DEL FAQUIR QUE SE QUEDO ATRAPADO EN UN ARMARIO DE IKEA
• A book by a female author - BOSSYPANTS
• A mystery or thriller - GUNS, GERMS AND STEEL
• A book with a one-word title - WICKED
• A book of short stories - EL LIBRO DE NAVIDAD
• A book set in a different country - CAIM
• A nonfiction book - AUTOGOL
• A popular author’s first book - LOOKING FOR ALASKA
• A book from an author you love that you haven’t read yet - LOOKING FOR ALASKA
• A book a friend recommended - LISISTRATA
• A Pulitzer Price-winning book - GUNS, GERMS AND STEEL
• A book based on a true story - AUTOGOL
• A book at the bottom of your to-read list - THE PRINCESS BRIDE
• A book your mom loves - LE PETIT PRINCE
• A book that scares you - GUNS, GERMS AND STEEL
• A book more than 100 years old - LISISTRATA
• A book based entirely on its cover - IS EVERYONE HANGING OUT WITHOUT ME?
• A book you were supposed to read in school but didn’t - (Nothing... I read everything I was supposed to in school. Sue me)
• A memoir - BOSSYPANTS
• A book you can finish in a day - GUIA PARA LA VIDA DEL ECOLOGISTA DE HOY EN DIA
• A book with antonyms in the title - GOOD GIRL GONE BAD
• A book set somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit - CAIM
• A book that came out the year you were born - 100,000 KM TRAS LOS OVNIS
• A book with bad reviews - LOST SYMBOL
• A trilogy - RED RISING
• A book from your childhood - LE PETIT PRINCE
• A book with a love triangle - WICKED
• A book set in the future - HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
• A book set in high school - WICKED
• A book with a color in the title - RED RISING
• A book that made you cry - THE BOY IN THE STRIPPED PAJAMAS
• A book with magic - WICKED
• A graphic novel - GUIA PARA LA VIDA DEL ECOLOGISTA DE HOY EN DIA
• A book by an author you’ve never read before - EL INCREIBLE VIAJE DEL FAQUIR QUE SE QUEDO ATRAPADO EN UN ARMARIO DE IKEA
• A book you own but have never read - EL INCREIBLE VIAJE DEL FAQUIR QUE SE QUEDO ATRAPADO EN UN ARMARIO DE IKEA
• A book that takes place in your home town - A USTED TAMBIEN LE HA PASADO, ADMITALO!
• A book that was originally written in a different language - LE PETIT PRINCE
• A book set during Christmas - EL LIBRO DE NAVIDAD
• A book written by an author with your same initials - OTRA GENESIS
• A play - LISISTRATA
• A banned book - FAHRENHEIT 451
• A book based on or turned into a TV show - THE PRINCESS BRIDE
• A book you started but never finished - WICKED

UPDATE: Right after posting this, I lost one of the books, the one I'm supposed to finish asap... I am slowly dying.
UPDATE No. 2: Found it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep talking... I'm listening.