Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Not the same

"I'm trying to understand you again", my mom said the other night.

Again...

Again?

I've been talking about this weird stuff to one of my closets friends, she came back home after living in France for a few years.

It's because you're not the same, she said.
Neither are you, I replied.
I knooooooow gurl!!

We're both going through the same things, similar thoughts, similar cultural and mommy shocks...

Yeap, I'm not the same, a piece of me died a few years ago and I don't think it's coming back.
Fortunately for me, I think it's a part of my heart I don't need anymore... the part where I care for others more than I care for myself.

Call me selfish, call me narcissistic, call me mean.
Call me a bitch. It ain't happenin' any time soon.

Don't like it? don't let the door hit you in the back on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep talking... I'm listening.