Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Histrionic wishing

Watching the Oscars made me realize something.

I'd like to have a friend...

... to watch the Oscars, Emmys, SAGs, Tonys... with, and laugh at the stupid jokes because this friend actually understands what's happening.
... that knows about movies as much than I do... or more (it's easy, I don't know THAT much)
... that loves going to the theater like I do and gets as excited as I do when going to a play.
... that plays "6 degrees of separation" among actors while watching a movie at home.
... that won't make fun of me because I'm a theater geek and I know some songs and story lines from musicals, like my friends did... which, honestly? made me REALLY sad.

I'm not being bitchy, my friends are amazing and I love them, but it hurt.

This was, probably the first time in my adult life that I felt bullied.
It sounds stupid, I know, but...

... anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep talking... I'm listening.